Byker Wall > 7110.01.12
7110.01.12 
 Fountain and main entrance to Frederiksborg Slot near Hillerød Fredriksborg Sjælland Denmark 
 Keywords: Commenced by King Frederik II in 1560 in Baroque architectural style. However most of the castle was built by Christian IV between 1600 and 1620 in Dutch Renaissance style. After a fire in 1859 which destroyed all but the chapel, the castle was rebuilt to the original plans between 1860 and 1884 by the brewer J C Jacobsen. The Danish National History Museum was located here in 1878 and has remained here with the aid of funding from the Carlsberg Foundation. The Gardens were established between 1720 and 1725 by Johan Cornelius Krieger the Royal Architect and Landscape Designer and are one of the best Baroque gardens in Northern Europe Fountain statuary possibly by Gjenopført Faaret 1888 Danish Zealand Hillerod museet Council Knights' Hall Compenius organ large big grand impressive spectacular wonderful fairy tale brick stone building residence palace wall green copper roof oxide verdigris clock tower spire 2 two ornate decorated gable end stonework projecting window cobbled courtyard balustrade fine summer day clear blue sky clouds architecture pool pond water fountain bronze statue Neptune sculpture old ancient lgpl

© Leslie Garland Pictures
image reference:
7110.01.12

start slideshow forward one image back one image

Photographer: Leslie Garland
Collection: Byker Wall
Filename:
7110.01.12
Upload Date: - unknown -
Photo Size: 3.4 MB; 4732x3685 pixels
Preview:
  comp 600 x 467

Caption:

Fountain and main entrance to Frederiksborg Slot near Hillerød Fredriksborg

Sjælland Denmark
Keywords: Commenced by King Frederik II in 1560 in Baroque architectural style. However most of the castle was built by Christian IV between 1600 and 1620 in Dutch Renaissance style. After a fire in 1859 which destroyed all but the chapel, the castle was rebuilt to the original plans between 1860 and 1884 by the brewer J C Jacobsen. The Danish National History Museum was located here in 1878 and has remained here with the aid of funding from the Carlsberg Foundation. The Gardens were established between 1720 and 1725 by Johan Cornelius Krieger the Royal Architect and Landscape Designer and are one of the best Baroque gardens in Northern Europe Fountain statuary possibly by Gjenopført Faaret 1888 Danish Zealand Hillerod museet Council Knights' Hall Compenius organ large big grand impressive spectacular wonderful fairy tale brick stone building residence palace wall green copper roof oxide verdigris clock tower spire 2 two ornate decorated gable end stonework projecting window cobbled courtyard balustrade fine summer day clear blue sky clouds architecture pool pond water fountain bronze statue Neptune sculpture old ancient lgpl